Richlands is a community that is growing while maintaining its focus on the small-town history and feel of the community. Located to the west of Jacksonville, NC - the Richlands community is convenient to New River Station and Camp Lejeune.
Here are some interesting things you may not know about the Town of Richlands.
- Incorporated on March 29, 1880.
- First town in the county to have its own library and museum. (Home of the Onslow County Museum.)
- First town in the county to have a female mayor -Annette Hargett.
- Excellent schools
- Geographic high point of the county.
- Home to the last standing WPA structure in the county, the Richlands Community Building, which was built in 1935.
- Final resting place of John Williams Shackelford, the first Congressmen from Onslow County to represent the 3rd district.
- Historic district with many turn of the century homes.
- Two active civic groups: the Richlands Rotary Club & the Richlands Ruritan Club
Search Richlands, NC Homes for Sale
Today's Market Trends for Richlands, NC *
* All data pertains to single-family homes